Monday, December 13, 2010

It begins.

This is a blog for my game, so far unnamed - 'A Game of Questions' is just something I came up with on the fly... Although that's not an official title, it's not misleading - everything in this game is a question, from who the characters are, to where they are.

The system is the World of Darkness, whatever the newest revision is. I'm not using *any* of the settings, societies, supernatural elements, etc. - everything is hand-made by yours truly. I've run this game a couple times using various d20 systems, but I feel that the WoD system is more suitable to the freeform style of play that I'd like to provide. Plus it's probably the easiest system in the world to use for both the players and myself...

Anywho - to the game itself:

The characters are people who have no memory of themselves, their history, or their current situation. From their point of view, they were literally born *now*, though they are fully grown adults capable of everything a normal human adult should be capable of - except remembering their own past. To mimic this out of game, each player is going to be given a blank character sheet (save for the player's name at the top). The players will *not* make their own characters, but will instead fill in details that they learn by trial and error, and as opportunities for introspection arise.

Meanwhile the characters will be exploring a very strange environment; a rough analog to our normal reality, but the rules are bent - think Escher meets The Twilight Zone meets Portal.

I don't want to get into too many details here; my players may end up reading this, which would be fine - but I don't want to let anything out of the bag. =) So... enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment